Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

So I Bought A Book

Here me out.
Well, first I want to start out by confessing that I STILL haven't read any books this year. At least not to completion. Unless you count Good Night Denver and The Foot Book...which I am not. I have tried. I promise. I have started three different books in hopes that something would grab me and suck me in, but I think it is safe to say I need to get my "screen time" under control {another blog for another day}.

I also know that I set a self imposed book buying freeze for 2013. And I really have had every intention of sticking to it. But here is what happened...

Last week I mentioned how this blogpost was rocking my world. But that is an understatement...it is more like ROCKING MY WORLD!! (double exclamation)

It spoke straight to my heart and not only was it moving it was motivating, and I did something I have never ever done before. EVER. I emailed the blogger, Casey, and thanked her for the post explaining my situation. There is no need to go into detail about my situation here. If you read her post you can easily figure out that I have a little bit of a fear issue.

And do you know what happened?

She wrote back!
Like right away.
Like within ten minutes.
And it wasn't a "thanks for the email" kind of writing back, it was a sincere, friendly, encouraging and affirming kind of write back. When I read it out loud to my husband...I cried (not sure if there is validity in this, because I kind of cry a lot).

The thing is Casey and I are not on the same blogging playing field. She is probably not refreshing her blogger statistics every couple of hours to see if anyone is really reading this thing we call a blog {it is so not about that, but some times a girl does wonder}. Nope she has hundreds if not thousands (probably tens of thousands) of readers. And she probably gets quite a few emails and comments a day that she needs to respond to. So the fact that she took the time to respond to kindly and genuinely blew me away.

And what she said was along the lines with, "You need to buy this book Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson, it will change your life."
So I had to, right? I mean she said it would change my life. And based upon the subject we were talking about I am wanting my life to change. So I did. It showed up yesterday, because in the world of books if a book is less than dollar more than the Kindle edition I am buying the real book. Every. Time.

I haven't even opened it yet. But I WILL read it. You can count on it.

Book buying freeze back on.


3 comments:

Krissie said...

One year I determined not to buy a stitch of new clothing, little did I know that I'd be getting engaged and married that year and be buying the most expensive piece of clothing ever.

Hope you find some healing with that book!

Ryanne said...

Krissie..
Isn't that funny how that happens?
Just further proof that our plans are not our own.

Thanks!

Fowl Ideas said...

The library is full of books.

And now...

The "next blog" button awaits...